Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The best place in town for a pint and a shot

deVere's Irish pub!
I don't know what it is about this place. The music. The view. The staff. I think it all adds up to the most welcoming environment I've found in recent years. The happy hour is a favorite. Under the shade of an old cork oak tree, this place makes you feel right at home.
The better part is when I park it here and check in on foursquare, a welcome and friendly face of someone I know and love almost always walks in the door and finds me. That's the beauty of establishing a hangout for yourself and living life in public.
That's actually one of the reasons behind this blog. A public venue to espouse the virtue of living in public, among other things. It's served me very well over the years. Twitter, foursquare, Google+, Yelp, OKCupid  and Meetup. The one that has failed me most is the one where I have the greatest control over my privacy...Facebook.
This writing is keeping me from my drinking.
TTYL!


No comments:

Post a Comment